Wednesday 20 May 2009

worn out

were 2 days out of Burgos===only did 13Kms yesterday to Rabe de la Calzados and Micheles place===you will remember her Renata=I found your note from 2 years ago ==and mine. She had given my feet a treatment when I was in a bad state on the last camino===we went back for a revisit==She still has lots of rules=we had to put all our bags inside large garbage bags before we could bring them in the house=no clothes on the bed=lecture on bedbugs==when we sat down for dinner and went to drink some wine she said==you will wait for me=and we did=while she served up all the plates and the gave us a speech about being on the camino while our hot and delicious meat and vegetable stew lay untouched in front of us. later when she went out of the room, a spanish girl asked why I had come back for a 2nd dose of this==I told them why which was then translated into spanish,french and german for the 8 of us on the table. Food was excellent and She kissed me again on both cheeks==very unshaved==and thanked me for having such faith in her to come back again.
Today weve come 19 kms==I wanted to go further but I,m so glad we didnt==feeling totally worn out=after a shower and the washing I lay down fopr 2 hours=now feeling slightly revived but still very weary=wearier than I think I should be==had to keep on saying to Jo today that I needed to take a rest==and we did===3 time of 10 to 15 minutes each. So many pilgrims walking ==about double last time==the on reason we are getting accomm is that I am buggered by midday and have to stop==every place we have been in becomes full very quickly==generally by 2 or 3. Weather has been perfect so far=cool in the mornings and no rain. Blessings to all you readers===can feel your energy urging us on

5 comments:

Maz said...

Look after yourself Chris - if your body is weary, Listen to it - slow down. And the time will be made up when you are enegetic - or not. Let go. Woke up this morning at 2am and thought of you walking the miles and I walked a bit with you and then fell asleep. Love and wings on your feet.

Anonymous said...

LOL. Hmmm, yes....would I stay at Micheles again???? The albergue is nice, the bathroom very nice (even with some lovely toiletries), the meal very nice....but would I want to listen to Michele.....hmmmm......no!
Very brave of you to go there again, but then again I'm glad you treated your sister to 'Michele'; she is after all, a legend.
XX

Anonymous said...

Actually, having said all that, I was there at the right time as I was sick and she gave me some wonderful treatment. Hot onion soup and told me to wear newspaper around my lower abdomen and back to keep in the vital warmth around my kidneys.
I have to acknowledge...she is a healer. If a somewhat difficult one.
Renata

Anonymous said...

she sounds wonderful. I'd love to meet her someday :)

Anonymous said...

PS that was fliss. I keep forgetting my password to log in to comment :) love fliss