Friday 18 May 2007

postscript

I didnt sleep well---and the room and furniture just seemed so extravagent for one person---used to fitting about 20 people in a space like that. up early out of habit--public holiday here for ascension thursday so most things closed---went looking for a place to have breakfast---finally found one and made my final new connection---a danish woman in her 50s who went the whole way--started a few days after me---we chatted over breakfast. Of course Helene and I met again---5 minutes earlier or later we would have missed each other but synchronisity seems to happen all the time on the camino. Went to the midday Pilgrims mass in the Cathedral---and was touched to hear in spanish¨¨One pilgrim from Australia who started from St Jean¨¨--there was a long list--a number started from St Jean---but 90% didnt---so a little prouder of my achievement. My feet still sore so glad to have the pack off today. Weighed myself today---lost 10 kgs---800kms seems to do the trick. Feeling good today---looking forward to Tricia arriving tomorrow---one more day here, 9 days in Barcelona, Organised tour in Turkey for 13 days then 7 days in Greece--Greek Islands before coming home on 20th June.Its been a wild ride---looking forward to meeting up with you all again and repeating stories of the Camino endlessly.Many thanks again for all your comments-emails---they have made all the difference.

2 comments:

Maz said...

Your days ahead seem to be full of excitment. You really deserve it. Have a great holiday.So so choked up with what you have done."If I had my live to live over, I would start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall. I would go to more dances. I would ride more merry-go-rounds. I would pick more daises"

Linda S said...

Chris - amazing - you did it! thanks so much for making vicarious travelling so enjoyable and memorable. I hope you and Trish enjoy more adventures in the next part of your trip. take care