Saturday 5 May 2007

back to reality

Yesterday wandering around Leon, Igot an instantaneous broken toe on my left foot---could hardly walk on it--I massaged it last night and hoped it would improve. Its things like this that stop you making plans or predictionsor knowing for certain you will get thru the day.
Got away early this morning and toe was improved--in a dorm with 70 people in double bunks pushed next to each other--i had the next guys feet in my face---but i got lost coming out of the city--crossed the wrong bridge. Finally a council worker driving a water cart, washing the streets, gestured to me from his cabin and indicated the different direction i should go--i tentatively set off in that direction only to find him pacing me in his truck---he stayed with me for about 200 m until we got to a large roundabout and he made sure i took the right road leading off it---the kindness of strangers !!!!!!!! met Wolfgang on the way--from Germany---doing his 1st day !!!--doing a 12 day camino !! My feet stayed good today--got to Mazarife 23kms--in the last 2 kms Kelly caught up to me-and we walked together into town--she was pushing on a further 14kms. Then on the edge of town we ran into Jethro--and hes staying in the same Albergue--reminds me of Carl--lots of energy and enthusiasm---he started a week after me in Pamplona---Have another single room !!!! and a bath all for 5E Love to you all
back to reality

3 comments:

Maz said...

Loved your little interlude into fantasy / hallucination/fugue state/ madness. You'd have lots of time to think. go off in your own little world while your feet do the walking. You could work out a sudoku in your head, or do your 22 times multiplication table or go through all the capitals in the world. Everyone must have a differnet story to tell. Your Thought for today "80% of all deaths may actually be suicides. Persons who lack curiosity about life, who are guilt-ridden and depressed and conditioned by parental example, are all too willing, subconsciously, to cooperate with and attract disease,accident and violence"

patricia said...

Jo has just shown me how to publish a comment.VERY complicated,clicking all over and using passwords you've forgotten. Broken toe!! what next???I had one once and whilst still broken its resigned itself to its immobility
My thought for the day.'Go beyond the idea of succeeding and failing..these are the judgements. Stay in the process and allow the universe to handle the details'...But a better ,shorter one..'There is magic in knowing that transcends logic..'..

Linda S said...

Just wanted to say hello again, and let you know I am really enjoying reading your poss - being a vicarious travellor is definitely better than not travelling at all!! Take care.