Thursday 25 September 2014

What am I doing here?

Went from Castrojeriz to Boadilla today via Itero where we had breakfast after 11 kms. Felt good up to then---and the breakfasts have been great---all the better probably for coming at the end of a morning walk of 6-12 kms. This morning was no different. Had 2 cups of coffee and a tortilla sandwich with fresh crusty bread---delicious. I was good for a km after that and then started to wonder why I was putting myself through this. What am I doing to myself? I can't imagine repeating a day like today(perfect weather,road flat) when I get home, let alone stringing 44 such days together. Yesterday I was good for 18kms---today it was 12kms. At this rate I could be hitching a ride before long.anne by way of contrast seems to be getting better and better as the days go on. We are promising ourselves a day off in Leon in a weeks time in a fancy hotel---looking forward to that.

No comments: