Friday 19 September 2014

Another 20 kms

Up at 6 and left at 7.30 am---just light enough to see yellow arrows--- though when we stay in a larger town there is a whole stream of people leaving town. We now seem to besettled on doing 18-20 kms a day average-- and with a limit of 25 kms. We start off together but often one of us will get ahead--I'll get a burst of energy or else I,ll go off for a peeand Anne will be 150 m up the road. It seems to be easier to strike up a conversation when we are walking separately. Today Anne met up with Tony and Odette from Napier NZ  and then having made contact, Tony drpped back and talked to me about footy while the girls were chatting. Most walking together lasts till we reach the next bar. Found a lovely place tonight 1 km off the track-- a house with about 4 double rooms and mother and daudhter , both Ana, are very friendly and welcoming---looking forward to their dinner!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, was out walking this morning . out at 6.30 so felt I was doing my own Camino. Walking along the stony path, listening to the birds, watching the roos hop out of the way. The clouds were very unusual this morning but not a lot of travelers on the road and when I got to the end of the road I turned round and made my way back in reverie. it was a lovely walk pretending I was in Spain with you!!! Love Maz

Jo Jo said...

Chris just catching up on your travels as Paul and I are on our way to Murrumbateman just wishing I was on the trail with you and Paul saying is this a religious thing or something? Breaks the spell somewhat....
Loving reading everything... You will have to write that book!!!
Love and hugs

Unknown said...

Yes loving both your blogs…. and the photos Anne has posted of you both… so amazing. My muscles are sore just moving around the block - can;t imagine what it's like to do hills day after day after day after day - love the idea of the massages…

Anonymous said...

Its great reading your blog Chris. You'll have to put it all in a book sometime. into a bestseller! I'm with Marianne and Nigel at the moment Damien has gone to Kempsey and we've got the kangaroos to look after the place. We went to a Wool day at Sue Scoles place. Big crowd. the usual country people there. It's nice to be just back here reading out books and relaxing instead of smiling at everyone and trying to remember their names. Looking forward to seeing you home before I die. Love Always Votre Mere