Thursday 11 September 2014

The spiritual quest

At Zabaldika breakfast was basic and only one French loaf between 18 people---- it was a struggle just to get a slice, let alone two or three. When the scramble was over and all the greedy people had left, including me, the hospitalero brought in a FRESH loaf for the people who missed out in the rush. I felt I couldnt really go back in but overcame my misgivings and went again----a bit sheepish this time. Later that day we got to Pamplona and were lucky enough to get into a German place Paderborn, where I have stayed before. We asked for bottom bunks and were given them but half an hour later a woman comes into our room with 4 bunks with a huge bandage around her knee and wanting a bottom bunk. My knee guard looked puny beside her bandage AND a letter fromher doctor!!! What to do!!! Give it to her with bad grace and plan revenge---snoring,getting up early etc: so its very difficult getting to enlightenment when i, m being starved and others are trying to prevent me getting a good nights sleep.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Foolish man -quit whining - I should have had a bet with Anne - get up get moving - Jackie

Unknown said...

You're on fire.
Blow the spiritual journey - go for the actual journey :)

Jo Jo said...

Chris, just loving the journey I'm having with you step by step.
Still so glad we didnt go over the top on our walk!!!
I'm thinking the walking will get easier as you get into your stride and enjoy the views and the interesting people.. love you to bits!!
XXX

Penny Bryant said...

I stayed there, Chris! It was full of Germans wearing lots of deep heat....drove me bonkers!