Wednesday 24 September 2014

The Way

We stayed last night at Hornillos. Our host was Samuel and he had a poster from the film "The Way" on his wall, impressively signed by both Martin Sheen and Emelio Estevez (his son---both in life and in the film). I asked how he came to be connected to the film and he said the Martin Sheen had walked the Camino 13 years ago with Emilio's son (his grandson)and they had stayed at Hornillos with Samuels mother. The grandson fell in love with Samuels sister and subsequently married her. They lived 7 years in Spain and now live in LA. Part of the film was made at Samuels mothers place and she has a small part of the film. I almost feel that I'm part of the film story myself now. Today we walked to Castrojeriz and have a lovely room here looking out over the countryside. The tiredness I felt yesterday seems to come every day about the 18 km mark. Thankfully we are not walking much further than that each day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ahhh - just discovered why some comments didn't make it here - was sending emails I thin instead of posting comments - doncha love technology? Anyway - loving your blogs - hugs to you both x