Monday 22 September 2014

Mondayitis

Got a good start this morning out of Burgos---caught up withAlessandro on the way--suffering from a bad ankle and only going 13 kms today. We had a lovely bread roll and coffee for breakfast at 10am after walking 11 kms-- then for some reason(just walked 250kms,old age?) just lost energy and struggled for the last 8 kms. Was delighted though with our accommodation--a room in the attic of a house with lovely double bed and bathroom attached. Anne is doing a great job booking our accommodation. Have been contemplating Mums comment about getting back before she dies. Please tell her to not even THINK about dropping off the perch while we are doing the Camino. Have decided it would be just too disruptive to our journey. Some of these villages don't even have cars let alone planes and trains so getting back for a funeral would be just too difficult. We would just have to get the family to put you on ice till we got back from our trip---maybe set you up with a pillow in the deep freeze in the pantry. In short, don't go while we are away.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Chris
Have been following your blog religiously, even though I'm not religious, and enjoying your journey. For some reason I can't get your mum off my mind, with perches and ice packs completely distracting me. If I was travelling with you I would be having to really concentrate on those rocky downhill paths, but like you, I do hope your mum is around for many years to come. Phew, I think I'm ok!!
I will be waiting in the 'pew' tomorrow to read the next instalment in the life of Chris

Buen Camino
Will

Jo Jo said...

Hey there.. so good to be reading about your manifistations that it is still working well for you and providing the much needed refreshments... it really put a smile on my face,I too having visions of Mum in the Pantry, so will be doing our darnest to keep her fit and healthy.
much love
Jo XXX