Monday 30 April 2007

more icebergs---more lessons--more resolutions

a couple of hours after i book into the convent, I realise for the 2nd day that theres no one i know --and no one who speaks english.I should be resting my foot--instead i go looking for old faces around the town---spend nearly 2 hours looking and not liking what i´m doing--but eventually find the irish girls (going home tomorrow after their 10 days walking) and Helene---all staying at the same hostel. By the time I find them I am very clear that this is NOT serving my journey here and resolve NOT to do it again on this Camino. Its one thing to run into people ¨"accidently" as I have been doing to date , but it is another thing entirely to hire detectives to find someone. So you are all right--you told me so--but obviously I had to get the message clearly for myself. In the meantime I go to the pub with them (Marie turns up too) and have tapas and wine overlooking the square. The equivalent of Match of the day here is 3 hours televised live bullfighting---I dont think Ive ever seen anything so cruel--and have to turn away from watching it.

No comments: