Sunday 15 April 2007

2nd day

2nd day 13k yesterday 12 today to roncesvalles. left after toast and muffin breakfast at 9 --they laughed when i said i wanted breakfast at 7. was raining but not really cold ---first 2 hours glorious scenery---walking mostly beside or above wild mountain streams. then the path started uphill and went up and up ---one half foot in front of the other---frequent stops to catch my breath get some energy back--a lot of it through mud---only saw one other person--an extrovert frenchman--talked to me for 5 minutes---who knows what he said. finally at roncesvalles 4.5 hours later. had lunch at pub then found an internet---anxious for some contact--i couldnt log in my password wasnt working on my blog ac or my email--spent an hour and 3 euros --very frustrating--and all the sites in spanish---why wasnt i told---i realised this was a divine intervention but i wasnt ready for it --felt very flat and alone--booked into refuge 100 beds 50 bunksin lots of 4 so you hane someone lying beside you but they had warm showers pilgrim mass at 8 four priests read out all the nationalities i was the only aussie.two german women ive passed a few times invited me for a glass of wine---book of messages at the refuge one there from renata directed to me --burst into tears at the connection

No comments: