Sunday 15 April 2007

connections

had 2 connections today--my first on the track. a danish lady caught up to me and we walked together for 20 minutes or so. she is doing her 5th camino in 5 years after her daughter was killed in a car accident in spain 5 years ago. when we came to a hill i slowed to a crawl and she was off. 2 hours later an irish lass about 30 caught up to me---i dont pass anybody-----and stayed chatting while we walked for 45 minutes till she caughtup with friends met yesterday---they waitedfor her ---we solved all the problems of the world

2 comments:

Jo Jo said...

So excited to hear from you,and that you have survived the first second and third day!!! A bit like that Luenig cartoon " how do you get there" ... you go out through the gate and you keep on going and going and going ....do not stop .. until you get there. Lots of love and less mud for the next few days
Love Jo

Fliss said...

Hi Chris, so so great to get your messages, through Tricia, Mum and now this! In your own words which are so precious. What a journey already....

And how lovely for Renata to leave a message - I hadn't thought that you would connect at all but reading both your blogs makes it so real.

Every time I read that she had sent her pack on ahead of her, or decided to take a hotel instead of a refugio I think "good for you". Was chatting about this to Mum and that I hoped you'd feel Ok doing this if you needed to and she thought you wouldn't choose to do it.... either way of course is perfectly right for you... Just our musings on your journey.

Thanks for taking time to keep us up to date. It means so much and I know the typing can't be easy. I hadn't even considered that you might have time pressure from other people wanting to use the internet. Anyway, now that I know you're connected, will check every day. Loads of love to you, and may the road not rise to meet you but remain flat and dry.... Fliss