Monday 23 April 2007

longrono-ventosa 20km

got an early start out of longrono--in a short sleeve shirt as usual--everyone else rugged up as usual--but not feeling cold--then saw a flashing sign--6.56 10c--and i realised why everyone was rugged up--after about 40 minutes when my walking didnt warm me up i put my fleece on--for the next 90 minutes. for the 1st time got to a village with an open bar for breakfast--about 930 coffee and large bread roll with ham and cheese--great, as i was leaving so were another couple so fell in with them--we were going same pace-- they were aussies from s a vigo and frankie--walked with them for 2 hours and really enjoyed it-- i got to 20km and stopped--they went on another 9kms--i decided too far for me---stayed in a nice place in ventosa--grabbed a bottom bunk as usual--no ladders or steps to get up either---4 hours later a big german guy in the bunk above pointed to my bed and pulled up his shirt and showed me all his war wounds--he obviously could see that i was superfit and could leap 6 feet in a single boundso i took that as a compliment and swapped him beds, out to dinner with vera the aussie and a scotsman- good company

No comments: