Tuesday 2 June 2009

ponferrada to villafranca 24kms

Very hot day yesterday--repaired to the bar---have taken up drinking again on the camino---but its still getting me tipsy quite quickly---3 beers yesterdat--followed by a dinner with red wine and i was weaving my way back to the albergue. 35C predicted today so got up at 5.30 to try and beat the heat---it did work mostly---have got to VF by 1.30 even with my 4 stops to rest my feet---have large red welts all over me--I suspect bedbugs but not sore and no pain when it happened. Knee is playing up again--back to using the heavy duty sopport. Ran into a 3rd Aussie Peter this Morning--this one from Bathurst.. one day at a time---have high hopes

5 comments:

Maz said...

24 kms is another long day. you seem to be doing all the right things so keep on doing it. You need to say night night sleep tight dont let the bed bugs bite!!!. Or cover yourself in vaseline either or!!. angels coming your way to brush the bed bugs away and to lighten your load. love you heaps

Fliss said...

It does sound like a long walk yesterday - especially in that heat. Glad you have high hopes - me too! Love fliss

Anonymous said...

Just caught up with your last few days. Wow, that's hot! Hope you're keeping yourself hydrated....water really does energise. I had such anxiety about bedbugs that I carried lavender oil and dabbed myself with it every night. That, and the menthol ligament I used on my knees.....I don't know if there were any bugs but I didn't get bitten. Yes the knee support was a vital for me....still have a bit of a wobbly knee.
Love Villafranca...beautiful.
Pray for some cool, breezy days for you....are you going to Finisterre? Such a lovely way to end.

Maz said...

Where are you haven't heard from you for days?

Fliss said...

hi there, since you've taken up the drink we havent heard from you - any link :)
xx