Wednesday 10 June 2009

A hard day at the office

Got going at 7--it was pouring rain and didnt let up all day--took 30 minutes for my shirt to be soaked--another 30 to wet my trousers and after 90 minutes my boots were sloshing---felt like I was walking with my own private swimming pool. Did 20km today but it felt like 30---a couple of breaks at Bars but it just meant all the soaking wet ¨rain gear¨ had to go on again. Was a relief to get some dry clothes on---Nigel and Pamela (OZ) and Ceira (IRE-Canada) just walked in --good to see friendly faces. Only one more day---will be pleased to finish---but a fantastic adventure

3 comments:

Fliss said...

Oh my goodness you're almost there - how fantastic though not the great weather you might prefer - still, sometimes the worst times offer the best memories. Been away in Bathurst and up the coast so have been away from a computer for a bit. Read all your blogs now - how funny you are descibing how you're managing Jo :) Love you to bits

Maz said...

Can't beleive you've made it for the second time so fantastic. . Keep the blog going for the last week even if not on the camino. we'll know where you are and enjoy those experiences too. Love love love Maz

Anonymous said...

so glad to catch you before your last day.
how exciting....amazing. have been thinking of you as I would go about my daily life, "wonder where Chris is now....what's he doing" and getting my own impressions and memories....and there you are almost there.
Congratualtions....Buen Camino!
Renata