Tuesday 7 October 2014

Splitting up

Anne and I noticed that on days we were not walking together that each of us seemed to have more contact with others. A single person is easier to open a conversation with---a couple or group much more difficult to penetrate. So today we decided to set off 30 minutes apart. I was well enough to walk (both legs functioning) and was reasonably energised so much so that I caught up with Anne at our first stop.She set off again ahead of me but she saw me coming at the Cruz de Ferro (where you leave a stone you have brought from home, representing leaving all your troubles behind)and I took the opportunity to leave a stone with LORNE written on it so that all our issues there will be resolved. I then took the lead. The mountain wild flowers were plentiful and covered the spectrum of colours but there was a difficult steep downward path to negotiate for about 4 kms. I had lots of opportunities to connect with people but didn't feel up to the effort today but Anne reported that she had a lovely day so we are likely to repeat the experiment .Have a room in the attic here with the ceiling sloping from 7 foot high on one side to 3 foot on the other,but it is our own room which is a blessing.A shortish day today and tomorrow(17kms both days) so that is something to be grateful for.Struggling today,tomorrow will be better.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Chris
Enjoying your posts, I'm getting pains I've never had before and I can't work out where they are coming from, so I imagine its referred pain from your walk!
Sounds like things are going really well. We never separated on our journey and I'm thinking it might be good if Corrie doesn't want to walk in the dark, we'll try it next time

We didn't take our rocks so still burdened with all that baggage, probably better to carry it on our backs instead

Look forward to more adventures

Will

chris said...

Bless you Will---getting a lot of encouragement from the support of you and Coralie.